Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Dailies Backlog

It's been awhile since my last update. I started trying to be more experimental with my daily sketches. 

Daily #8
12/24/12
Candlelight

Daily #9
12/25/12
Dancer
I drew this for an art collaboration with Johnathan Apilado, but his identity was a secret because it was a Secret Santa thing. I decided to add value myself for fun and it turned into this.

Daily #10
12/26/12

I bored quit this one, then came back later and added some textures to try them out. I still don't particularly like it.
 Daily #11
12/27/12
Juliet

A portrait of Juliet from Lost. She was one of my favorite characters.

 Daily #12
12/28/12
Sun



 Portrait of Sun from Lost. Another favorite of mine. It was originally in color but I was struggling so much I decided to just focus on value.

 Daily #13
12/29/12
Moar Sugar!

For each lemon added to lemonade, you need at least one bag of sugar.
Daily #14
12/30/12


Character design for my character Kayah. I mostly went on memories of tribal clothing (generalization) and didn't really look anything up. She's from a tropical environment. She's usually nude, but I thought I'd design some "family friendly" clothes. Her clothes are more masculine than feminine because she's a hunter, so wearing a skirt would be impractical. The goal for her top was something functional that would support and restrain her breasts rather than arbitrary modesty. 

 Daily #15
12/31/12



Character design for my character Aesane. I was trying to incorporate elements from ancient Greece and Persia in her design. She's Kayah's foil. I was trying to use a similar silhouette to what she wore when I designed her as a teenager. Not sure if I want her shorts to fit better or be poofy. 

Daily #16
1/1/13


Started feeling a little insecure about my painting skills so I started painting environments from photos. I thought about posting my reference but I wasn't trying to copy them, so comparing them wouldn't be very productive.

Daily #17
1/2/13


Daily #18
1/3/13



Cool light/warm shadows is hard to pull off. 


Daily #19
1/4/13


A portrait from a photo. I don't know the model's name.

Daily #20
1/5/13
Ashley Spinelli



Little bit of fan art of an aged up Spinelli from Recess. Not sure where it came from.

Daily #21
1/6/13
Juliet

Another portrait of Lost's Juliet. I anted to try drawing her instead of painting.

Daily #22
1/7/13


Daily #23
1/8/13
Your Move
Your move, kitty cat!

Daily #24
1/9/13



I wanted to think more about lighting than local color, so I painted a forest lit by violet light.


Daily #25
1/10/13



I'd like to have an emotion/story in mind for these environments in the future. It's hard not to get bogged down in the technical aspects of painting and to remember story.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Holly! I love the third one from the top. I especially love the brush. ^^ Nice work, and keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete