Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Speed Painting #10 + Illustration Sketch

10th speed painting. Something nice I can say about this atrocity... At least the green isn't nuclear this time.

Time: ~60 minutes
The real thing
 My bastardization

This is a sketch of my Dragon Age 2 fanart. Yes, it's going to stay this messy and loose. No, I don't care I'm going to paint over it anyway. I went with the third kiss because when I put both in the composition, this one looked much more romantic and like it belonged. Some extra ladies snuck in when I wasn't looking. Trying to think of rhythms and flow in the composition and focal points. Value studies and color comps are next. Hopefully the identity of the mess in the background will become a little more... apparent...


Incidentally, I deeply regret deciding Dragon Age would be my new fandom. I always forget how game characters are so detail heavy. Why couldn't I choose Avatar: The Last Airbender? I don't want to paint this. I didn't even want to draw the detailed mess of garments these people put on and have the audacity to call clothing. Really, does Isabela really need an intricate necklace? Does Anders really need to wear a murder of crows around his shoulders? Does Hawke actually require 30 buckles on her arms and torso? I submit that they do not! 

Not to mention game characters almost never wear drapery or have long hair... this is just so devoid of all the things I love...

No comments:

Post a Comment