Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Speed Painting #9 + Illustration Concepts

Should be from life, but I have no paints and I can't exactly carry my laptop around outside. I know this is full of fail. But, I have to start somewhere... I just wish it was somewhere less embarrassing.

Time: ~60 minutes
Original Photo
My idea of what this looks like?


Now that that's out of the way, I had an idea for a piece of Dragon Age 2 fanart. It was an awful game and I hate it, but I can't deny that I loved the romance between Hawke and Anders. Actually, that's the only reason I finished the game. I spent all day trying to figure out how to draw people kissing. I got one good looking set of faces (middle), after that I got frustrated and didn't feel like dedicating 2 hours to each face to make it not look dumb. They are going to be wearing clothing, I just didn't feel like drawing it. Trying to decide which kiss I want to use. I prefer the middle one, boyfriend prefers the bottom one. He says the bottom one has a better flow and is more romantic and the middle one is too sultry. I don't think "too sultry" is ever a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in the still life painting. Although the striped field looks kinda like a narrow football field. Is there a way to saturate the white a little?

    And pft to Mike. I'm with you, I like the middle the best.

    ReplyDelete