Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Speed Painting #11 + Illustration Colors

So, the idea with speed paintings is eventually they improve. So far... not so much. I also forgot what time I started working on it. I thought it was 5, but I checked the clock when I was almost done, and it was still 5. So I'm either really fast or I don't know how to tell time with a digital read out.

Time: ~30-60 minutes
Actual Picture

What I thought I was looking at

Ah, the fun stuff! Well, not so much. I hate colors. I like drawing and painting, but everything in between is just really boring for me. Was trying to maintain a analogous red/orange/yellow color scheme with blue accents. It didn't help that my focal points were wearing red and black and my secondary focal point ladies to the left were wearing my accent colors. Which is why they will be covered in freaking shadows.

I did a value study also, but it's in graphite. So you won't get to see it since my scanner is dumb. Basically Hawke and Anders are lit the best, the fire in the background is really bright (as opposed to dark fire...?), and the sides are really dark. Otherwise Aveline, Isabela, and Merrill would be a little distracting.

... Merrill's looking a little pink. 

Time: ~2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment